Gambling is only fun when it is just another form of leisure. When it ceased to be so, it can become a problem and a very serious one at that. For this reason, it is essential to play responsibly, that is to say, to do it with self-control and knowing how to manage the situation at all times. Gambling should be synonymous with fun and never with addiction. Therefore, playing in an online casino has to be a form of entertainment and not a necessity or a way to try to get money at all costs.
We want to promote Responsible Gaming, that is to say, the one practiced by users who are in control, who have previously established time and money limits and who know when it is time to stop. This is the only way to enjoy a healthy and fun gaming experience.
The main objective of gambling should be entertainment and the possibility of obtaining some extra money, but always without putting our emotional health and/or our economy at risk. These limits have to be insurmountable, and for this reason, Responsible Gaming was born to promote healthy gambling practices. To contribute to this end, many online casinos have joined this cause. In fact, all safe and reputable online casinos are committed to Responsible Gaming.
Tips for responsible online gambling
Here are some tips that we recommend you follow to make sure that you really are a responsible gambler.
- Always play for fun, and don’t let money become your obsession.
- Don’t let gambling be your only form of entertainment.
- Sometimes you win, and sometimes you lose. Don’t become obsessed with trying to recoup your losses.
- Do not bet in any case more money than you can afford.
- Establish economic limits before starting to play and always respect them.
- Set time limits, so you don’t spend more time than you want to play.
- Do not play if you are going through a complicated moment. You will not find the solution to your problems in an online casino.
- Do not use credit cards or borrow money to play.
- Protect minors and vulnerable people.
Protection of minors
Gambling participation is permitted from the age of 18, and minors are not allowed to access online casinos. Gambling sites require you to enter personal information such as (name, email address, mailing address, phone number or debit/credit card details) during the registration process to prevent children or teenagers from entering the casino. Listed here are some steps that will help you support the protection of children and youngsters:
- Use a filtering program, which allows you to block underage individuals from accessing gambling sites.
- Do not leave your computer unattended when playing at an online casino.
- Avoid the “Save password” option in the login window.
- Do not give your credit card or bank account information to children or teenagers.
- Create separate profiles on your PC for your children so that they do not have access to your data.
Where can I get help?
Suppose, despite all your precautions, you find yourself in a vicious circle of gambling addiction that you can’t get out of on your own. In that case, we strongly advise you to contact a professional counselling center anonymously and in complete confidence.